Hickory-Grilled Vegetable Plate
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 150
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 5.5g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 324mg
- Calcium: 139mg
- 1/2 cup hickory wood chips
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 2 (8-ounce) yellow squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 (8-ounce) zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (1-pound) eggplant, cut crosswise into 8 slices
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 Vidalia or other sweet onion, cut into 4 wedges
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups trimmed arugula (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Soak wood chips in water 30 minutes. Drain well.
- Bring the vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan; cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 8 minutes).
- Combine mushrooms and next 5 ingredients (mushrooms through onion) in a large bowl. Add oil, salt, and pepper; toss well to coat.
- Prepare grill. Place wood chips over hot coals. Place mushrooms, squash, zucchini, eggplant, and onion on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side. Turn vegetables; add tomatoes. Grill 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Arrange 1/2 cup arugula, 3 yellow squash pieces, 3 zucchini pieces, 2 eggplant slices, 2 tomato halves, 1 mushroom cap, and 1 onion wedge on each of 4 plates. Combine the basil, oregano, cilantro, and thyme in a small bowl, and sprinkle evenly over vegetables. Drizzle 1 tablespoon vinegar over each serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Hickory-Grilled Vegetable Plate Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This