Hickory-Grilled Jerk Chicken
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 375
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 31g
- Carbohydrate: 43.4g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 955mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- Hickory chips
- 6 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- Wet Jerk Rub, divided
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 4 cups cooked long-grain rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons peeled, grated gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Soak hickory chips in water at least 30 minutes; drain. Prepare Wet Jerk Rub.
- Measure 1/2 cup Wet Jerk Rub, and set aside. Coat chicken with remaining 1 cup Wet Jerk Rub. Place chicken in a large, heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag; seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours.
- Preheat gas grill to medium-hot (350° to 400°) using both burners. After preheating, turn left burner off. Place hickory chips in a disposable aluminum foil pan or an aluminum foil packet poked with holes on grill over right burner. Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-hot coals (350° to 400°). Place chicken on rack over left burner. Grill, uncovered, 30 minutes or until done, turning frequently. Transfer chicken to a platter, and keep warm.
- Combine rice and remaining ingredients; toss gently. Spoon rice evenly onto each individual serving plate. Top rice with chicken. Serve immediately. Serve with reserved Wet Jerk Rub.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note