Hickory-grilled Fish Tacos with Mango-Avocado Relish
- Hickory or alder wood chips
- 2 pounds firm white fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 12 (6 1/2-inch) flour or red chile tortillas
- Mango-Avocado Relish
- Garnishes: thinly sliced red onion, fresh cilantro leaves, lime wedges
- Soak hickory chips in water to cover at least 30 minutes; drain. Wrap chips in heavy-duty aluminum foil; make several holes in foil. Set aside.
- Brush fillets with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Light gas grill; place foil-wrapped chips directly on hot coals on one side. Coat grill rack on opposite side with cooking spray, and place on grill. Let grill preheat 10 to 15 minutes; turn off burner opposite wood chips. Arrange fillets on rack opposite wood chips, and grill, covered with lid, over medium heat (300° to 350°) 10 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Wrap flour tortillas in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place on grill during last 5 minutes of cooking time to warm.
- Serve immediately with Mango-Avocado Relish; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes