- 2/3 cup no-salt-added ketchup
- 1/2 cup Major Grey's chutney
- 1/3 cup bottled chili sauce (such as Heinz)
- 1/4 cup steak sauce (such as A1)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 cups hickory wood chips
- 2 cups water
- Cooking spray
- 1 (3 1/4-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- calories 219
- caloriesfromfat 28 %
- fat 6.7 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- monofat 2.7 g
- polyfat 0.3 g
- protein 24.3 g
- carbohydrate 13.7 g
- fiber 0.1 g
- cholesterol 67 mg
- iron 1.7 mg
- sodium 636 mg
- calcium 17 mg
How to Make It
To prepare sauce, combine the first 6 ingredients; cover and chill.
To prepare beef, soak wood chips in water 1 hour.
Remove grill rack; set aside. Prepare grill for indirect grilling, heating one side to medium-high and leaving one side with no heat.
Place half of wood chips on hot coals. Place a disposable aluminum foil pan on unheated side of grill. Pour 2 cups water in pan. Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill.
Sprinkle beef evenly with pepper and salt. Place beef on grill rack over foil pan on unheated side. Close lid; cook 55 minutes or until a thermometer registers 135° or until desired degree of doneness. Add additional wood chips halfway through cooking time. Remove beef from grill. Cover lightly with foil; let stand 15 minutes. Cut beef across grain into thin slices. Serve with sauce.