Heuningkoek ( South African Honey Cake)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup(s) butter melted
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 pinch(s) salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 cup(s) honey hot ( for sauce)
- 1/2 cup(s) butter hot ( for sauce)
- BAKE CAKE
- Do not use Bisquick. Best is to use 1 1/2 cup of regular flour and 2 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Mix first 6 ingredients together - the last two are needed for the sauce.
- Put in oven-safe glass/pyrex dish in oven for 20 minutes at 350 F/180 C (until light brown)
- PREPARE SAUCE
- Prepare the sauce (.5 cup honey and .5 cup butter) in the mean time to almost boiling point - try to have it ready when cake is done.
- ADD SAUCE AFTERWARDS
- Quickly prick cake with fork to absorb the hot honey sauce and pour the souece evenly over the cake.
- If able to resist let it cool down first.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by HBosch and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Heuningkoek ( South African Honey Cake) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings