This flavorful herring salad is great as a light meal on its own, or served up as a delicious side.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 24 ounce(s) jar pickled herring marinated in wine sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) dill pickle relish
- 1 whole(s) medium apple cubed, peeled if desired
- 1/2 whole(s) small Spanish onion halved and sliced
- 15 ounce(s) can cooked, diced potatoes drained
- 15 ounce(s) can cooked, diced beets drained
- How to make salad dressing:
- 1 C whipped cream
- 1 T white vinegar
- 1 t prepared mustard
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1/2 t whole dill weed, dried
- - If available, use 1 1/2 t fresh dill weed
- Combine all dressing ingredients and set aside. Toss all salad ingredients, including reserved onions, in a large bowl. Serve salad with dressing on the side, allowing guests to drizzle on dressing as desired. Garnish with fresh dill weed, if available. If preparing ahead of time, cover and refrigerate salad and dressing separately.
- *For a tart variety try Granny Smith. For a sweeter variety try Braeburn.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MaBaensch and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note