Herring Canapés with Horseradish Cream
Community Recipe from
- 12 ounce(s) marinated herring in wine sauce
- 6 tablespoon(s) cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon(s) prepared horseradish without liquid
- 1 cup(s) potatoe cooked and diced in1/4" cubes
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh dill snipped into small pieces
- 10 slice(s) cocktail rye bread 2â x 2â x Â¼â pieces
- Remove 20 herring pieces and pat dry, removing any onion pieces.
- Place herring pieces on plate and refrigerate until assembly.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and horseradish, set aside. In another small bowl, toss diced potatoes with 1 T fresh dill. To assemble - spread a thin layer of horseradish mixture onto a slice of the bread. Next layer approximately 2 tsp of the potato mixture and top with an even layer of herring (two pieces). Garnish with a small dollop of the cream cheese mixture in center of canapé, and top with a small amount of the fresh dill. Repeat with remaining nine slices. The canapés may be made in advance and kept delicately covered and chilled.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MaBaensch and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note