Herring Canapés with Horseradish Cream
These delicious canapés are another fun way to enjoy all the tasty benefits of herring!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 ounce(s) marinated herring in wine sauce
- 6 tablespoon(s) cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon(s) prepared horseradish without liquid
- 1 cup(s) potatoe cooked and diced in1/4" cubes
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh dill snipped into small pieces
- 10 slice(s) cocktail rye bread 2â x 2â x Â¼â pieces
- Remove 20 herring pieces and pat dry, removing any onion pieces.
- Place herring pieces on plate and refrigerate until assembly.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and horseradish, set aside. In another small bowl, toss diced potatoes with 1 T fresh dill. To assemble - spread a thin layer of horseradish mixture onto a slice of the bread. Next layer approximately 2 tsp of the potato mixture and top with an even layer of herring (two pieces). Garnish with a small dollop of the cream cheese mixture in center of canapé, and top with a small amount of the fresh dill. Repeat with remaining nine slices. The canapés may be made in advance and kept delicately covered and chilled.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MaBaensch and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note