Herring and Beet Canapés
These delicious canapés are a tasty twist on an old favorite! Bring these to your next party and you'll have everyone coming back for more.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 ounce(s) jar of marined herring with sour cream and chives
- 6 tablespoon(s) natural sour cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter softened
- 1 cup(s) beets cooked and diced in 1/4" cubes
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh chives snipped into small pieces
- 10 slice(s) cocktail rye bread 2â x 2â x Â¼â pieces
- Remove 20 herring tidbits, place on plate and keep refrigerated until assembly
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and balsamic vinegar, set aside. To assemble - spread a thin layer of butter onto a slice of the bread. Next spread on a thin layer of the sour cream mixture. Top with a layer of approximately 2 tsp of the beets and then an even layer of herring (two pieces). Sprinkle on a thin layer of chive, garnish with a small dollop of the sour cream mixture in center of canapé and top with a small amount of the fresh chive. Repeat with remaining nine slices. The canapés may be made in advance and kept delicately covered and chilled.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MaBaensch and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note