Herring and Beet Canapés
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 ounce(s) jar of marined herring with sour cream and chives
- 6 tablespoon(s) natural sour cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter softened
- 1 cup(s) beets cooked and diced in 1/4" cubes
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh chives snipped into small pieces
- 10 slice(s) cocktail rye bread 2â x 2â x Â¼â pieces
- Remove 20 herring tidbits, place on plate and keep refrigerated until assembly
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and balsamic vinegar, set aside. To assemble - spread a thin layer of butter onto a slice of the bread. Next spread on a thin layer of the sour cream mixture. Top with a layer of approximately 2 tsp of the beets and then an even layer of herring (two pieces). Sprinkle on a thin layer of chive, garnish with a small dollop of the sour cream mixture in center of canapé and top with a small amount of the fresh chive. Repeat with remaining nine slices. The canapés may be made in advance and kept delicately covered and chilled.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MaBaensch and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note