- 3 packages dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water (105° to 115°)
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 8 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- Basic Brioche
- Brioche With Gruyère And Parmesan
- Sausage In Brioche
- Dissolve yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar in warm water; stir well, and let stand 5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Scald milk; add butter, 3 tablespoons sugar, and salt. Stir until butter melts. Let mixture cool to lukewarm ( 105° to 115°).
- Combine yeast mixture, milk mixture, eggs, and 2 cups flour; beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir mixture; add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Turn dough out onto a heavily floured surface, and knead 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Place in a well-greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and repeat rising procedure 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch dough down. Divide dough into 3 equal portions; shape and bake as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This