A light lemon touch flavors the croutons and vinaigrette in Herbs-and-Greens Salad--made with butter lettuce, baby spinach, escarole, parsley, and chives.
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups (1-inch) olive bread cubes*
- 4 cups torn butter lettuce (about 1 head)
- 2 cups firmly packed fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup torn escarole
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh (1-inch) chive pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Stir together lemon zest and 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large bowl. Add bread cubes, and toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes or until crisp. Let cool completely (about 15 minutes).
- 2. Meanwhile, combine butter lettuce and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice and remaining 3 Tbsp. olive oil, and toss to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with toasted bread cubes.
- *Ciabatta, focaccia, or country white bread may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note