Herbes de Provence Vinegar
This vinegar contains many of the same herbs commonly found in herbes de Provence, the dried-herb blend used in southern France for cooking. Add a small amount to stews, soups, or vinaigrettes.
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, crushed
- 1/4 cup thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/4 cup oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/4 cup rosemary leaves/needles, crushed
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 bay leaves, broken in half
- 2 basil sprigs
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 2 oregano sprigs
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a widemouthed jar; cover and let stand 2 weeks in a cool, dark place, gently shaking jar occasionally.
- Strain the vinegar mixture through a cheesecloth-lined sieve into a glass measure or medium bowl, and discard solids. Pour into a decorative bottle, and add basil sprigs and remaining ingredients. Seal the bottle with a cork or other airtight lid, and store in a cool, dark place.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This