Herbed Wild Mushroom Bundles
The earthy flavors of these crepes will make a great side dish to accompany grilled beef, roast pork, or sautéed chicken breast. Or serve three bundles as a meatless entrée.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 bundle)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 92
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 4.9g
- Carbohydrate: 12.4g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 236mg
- Calcium: 48mg
- 6 green onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 3/4 cups diced shiitake mushroom caps (about 4 ounces)
- 1 1/3 cups diced oyster mushrooms (about 4 ounces)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cremini mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 Herbed Crepes
- Cooking spray
- Remove green tops from green onions. Cut onion tops lengthwise into 1/8-inch-wide strips to form 8 ties. Drop green onion strips in boiling water, and cook for 10 seconds or until limp. Drain onion strips; set aside. Chop white portion of each onion.
- Melt butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onions and mushrooms; cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms release their moisture and darken. Add wine to pan; cook 2 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and next 5 ingredients (through pepper).
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spoon 1/3 cup mushroom mixture into the center of 1 crepe. Gather edges of crepe, and crimp to seal, forming a purse. Tie 1 green onion strip around crimped top of bundle. Repeat procedure with remaining crepes, mushroom mixture, and green onion strips. Place bundles in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until crepes are thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note