Herbed Turkey Strips With Roasted Peppers and Beans
Be sure to grate the lemon rind before squeezing the juice needed for the recipe. Use the entire 2 tablespoons of lemon juice in the marinade if you like a tangier flavor.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 269
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 43g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 112mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 537mg
- Calcium: 48mg
- 1 (3-pound) boneless, skinless turkey breast, cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Pierce turkey slices evenly with a fork.
- Stir together Italian seasoning, 1/2 tablespoon oil, lemon juice, and next 3 ingredients. Coat turkey slices with oil mixture. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Cook turkey slices, in batches, in remaining 1 tablespoon hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove turkey from skillet, cover, and keep warm. Add beans and peppers to skillet; cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated, stirring gently.
- Cut turkey slices crosswise into 1/2-inch strips. Arrange on a serving platter. Top with bean mixture. Combine pine nuts, grated lemon rind, and parsley. Sprinkle over beans. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This