Herbed Turkey Sausage Patties
- 1 large red potato
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey breast or 1 pound skinless turkey breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 ounces cured ham, such as prosciutto, trimmed of visible fat and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon low-fat (1%) milk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme or pinch of dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. In a steamer basket set over simmering water, steam the potato until tender when pierced with a fork, about 18 minutes. Let cool slightly, then peel the potato and coarsely grate it.
- 2. Heat 1 teaspoon of the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- 3. If using cubed turkey breast, pulse in a food processor until coarsely ground or mince by hand.
- 4. Add the ground turkey to the mushroom mixture with the potato, ham, milk, parsley, sage, thyme, salt, and pepper and mix well. Shape the mixture into eight 3-inch patties.
- 5. Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in the large nonstick skillet. Add the patties and cook over moderately high heat, turning once, until well browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to plates and serve.
- Make Ahead: The patties can be refrigerated, covered, for up to 2 days.
- Notes: ONE SERVING: Calories 229 kcal, Protein 34 gm, Carbohydrate 11 gm, Cholesterol 82 mg, Total Fat 5.3 gm, Saturated Fat 1.1 gm
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note