Herbed Tomato Tart
We used basil, dill, thyme, and parsley, but just about any combination of herbs that pair well with tomatoes--such as oregano and tarragon--would work.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1/2 pt. assorted small tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (17.3-oz.) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 (8-oz.) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (4-oz.) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped assorted fresh herbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 400º. Place tomatoes in a single layer on paper towels; sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt. Let stand 30 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels.
- 2. Meanwhile, roll 1 pastry sheet into a 14-inch square on a lightly floured surface; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Cut 4 (12- x 1-inch) strips from remaining pastry sheet, and place strips along outer edges of pastry square, forming a border. Reserve remaining pastry for another use.
- 3. Bake at 400º for 14 minutes or until browned.
- 4. Sprinkle pastry with mozzarella cheese and next 3 ingredients. Top with tomatoes in a single layer. Sprinkle tomatoes with herbs and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt; drizzle with oil.
- 5. Bake at 400º for 14 to 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note