Herbed Tomato Consommé
- 2 cups cocktail vegetable juice
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup Chablis or other dry white wine
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon dried whole basil leaves
- 2 whole peppercorns
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, except fresh basil leaves, in a large non-aluminum saucepan; bring to a boil, and boil 1 minute. Strain mixture, and discard residue. Serve consommé hot or chilled in mugs; garnish with basil leaves, if desired.
- Note: Pour consommé into an insulated container to keep hot or chilled for a picnic.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews