Herbed Sugar Cookies
Rosemary and thyme make a surprisingly delightful appearance in these classic sugar cookies.
Editor's favorite; Make ahead
Yield: 3 to 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg; beat well. Stir together flour and salt; add to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Stir in herbs.
- Divide dough into fourths. Roll each portion to a 1/4" thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut dough with assorted Christmas tree cookie cutters. (We used cutters ranging from 1 1/2" to 5 1/2" in size.) Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until very lightly browned. Let cool 1 minute on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Note: Because size of cookie cutters can affect baking time, check cookies often while in the oven.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This