Herbed Sugar Cookies
Rosemary and thyme make a surprisingly delightful appearance in these classic sugar cookies.
Editor's favorite; Make ahead
Yield: 3 to 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg; beat well. Stir together flour and salt; add to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Stir in herbs.
- Divide dough into fourths. Roll each portion to a 1/4" thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut dough with assorted Christmas tree cookie cutters. (We used cutters ranging from 1 1/2" to 5 1/2" in size.) Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until very lightly browned. Let cool 1 minute on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Note: Because size of cookie cutters can affect baking time, check cookies often while in the oven.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note