JUICY AND DELISH! I used normal bacon, garlic salt, and extra rosemary. I also only baked for 20mins and my chicken breasts were pretty large too. Turned out perfectly. Most healthier baked chicken dishes leave my pallet feeling unfulfilled but this was stellar. Can't really go wrong with goat cheese, a little bacon and rosemary. My boyfriend's first words after his first bite: "DAMN GIRL!"
Herbed Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Dish up a company-worthy dish that calls for only four ingredients, plus salt and pepper. Choose roasted asparagus as a bright, fresh partner for this main dish.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 302
- Fat: 13.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 42.1g
- Carbohydrate: 0.5g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 116mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 486mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 ounces Canadian bacon, finely chopped
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff about 3 tablespoons cheese mixture into each pocket; close opening with a wooden pick. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
- 3. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes. Turn chicken over; place pan in oven. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until chicken is done. Let stand 5 minutes. Discard wooden picks. Cut chicken diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Serve with pan juices.
- Roasted asparagus: Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and 1 pound trimmed asparagus on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray; toss gently. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Place asparagus in a large bowl; toss with 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives. Complete the meal with a sliced baguette and a glass of crisp white wine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes