- 4 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese with basil and sun-dried tomatoes
- calories 288
- fat 6.8 g
- satfat 2.7 g
- protein 24.2 g
- carbohydrate 31.2 g
- cholesterol 174 mg
- iron 4.4 mg
- sodium 737 mg
- caloriesfromfat 22 %
- fiber 3.3 g
- calcium 143 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and toss with olive oil. Keep warm.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium- high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray; add shrimp, garlic, basil, and crushed red pepper. Sauté, 2 minutes, or just until shrimp begin to turn pink. Add tomatoes, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve tomato mixture over pasta, and top with feta cheese.