- 1/2 pound unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 small yellow squash, cut in half and sliced
- 12 fresh or frozen asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh watercress
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 10 ounce angel hair pasta, cooked
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
How to Make It
Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired; chill.
Sauté garlic and shallots in hot oil in a large skillet until tender. Add bell pepper and next 3 ingredients, and sauté 7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Add shrimp; sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add tomato and next 6 ingredients; cook just until thoroughly heated.
Toss with pasta, and sprinkle with cheese.
Note: You may substitute 1 pound skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces, for shrimp. Sauté chicken with garlic and shallots until chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove chicken from skillet, and keep warm. Proceed as directed. Return chicken to skillet with tomato and next 6 ingredients.