I have made this salad several times since it came out in the Southern Living issue I received it from. I don't put all of the vegetables it calls for (eggplant, beets) since we don't like those, but instead I add asparagus, additional squash, etc. My family loves this salad and I have never had a complaint from anyone!
Herbed Salad With Grilled Balsamic Vegetables
To prepare ahead, wash the greens, and spin them dry. Wrap in damp paper towels. Store in zip-top plastic bags in the refrigerator.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Southern Living
- 8 cups mixed baby greens
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- Grilled Balsamic Vegetables
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe black olives
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram (optional)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- 1/3 cup refrigerated shredded Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Place mixed greens on a large serving platter. Arrange tomato slices in center of platter over greens. Arrange Grilled Balsamic Vegetables and black olives around edge of platter over greens.
- Whisk together olive oil and vinegar; drizzle over tomatoes and grilled vegetables. Sprinkle tomatoes evenly with basil, chives, and, if desired, marjoram. Top evenly with cheeses.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note