Very easy and delicious. We have made this dish with potatoes, too ("tatooed potatoes").
Herbed Roasted Sweet Potatoes
NOTES: These easy, pretty sweet potatoes are good either hot or at room temperature. Use any favorite fresh herbs; we had the best results with leaves of Italian parsley, small sprigs of rosemary, and oregano leaves. PREP AND COOK TIME: About 1 hour
More From Sunset
- Calories: 167
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Protein: 1.8g
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Sodium: 15mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 8 sweet potatoes (about 4 lb. total), such as Garnet or Jewel (sometimes sold as yams)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and fresh-ground pepper
- 16 sprigs fresh herbs, such as Italian parsley, rosemary, or oregano (see notes), rinsed and patted dry
- 1. Scrub sweet potatoes; trim and discard any spots where skin is discolored or broken. Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise.
- 2. Pour 1/4 cup olive oil into each of two 9- by 13-inch glass baking dishes and tilt to coat pan. Sprinkle all over with salt and pepper.
- 3. Lay an herb sprig flat on the cut side of each sweet potato half, then lay half, cut side down, in oil (halves can touch).
- 4. Bake in a 425° oven until potatoes are soft when pressed on top and cut sides are golden brown (carefully lift up pan to check), about 1 hour. Using a metal spatula, carefully transfer sweet potato halves to a platter. Discard remaining oil in baking pans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note