Herbed Roast Beef
The gravy for this recipe calls for a dry red wine. We recommend either Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 3 Hours
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons seasoned pepper
- 1 (8-pound) rolled boneless rib roast
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine first 5 ingredients. Reserve 3 tablespoons flour mixture. Pat remaining flour mixture evenly over roast.
- Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3 hours or until meat thermometer registers 135° or until desired degree of doneness. Remove roast from pan, reserving drippings. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Whisk together reserved 3 tablespoons flour mixture, 1/2 cup pan drippings (adding additional water, if necessary, to equal 1/2 cup), wine, broth, and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thick and bubbly. Serve over roast.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note