Entire family loved it. We also made it for Easter for family and friends when a leg of lamb was served. All of the Rack of Lamb was gone while the leg of lamb was still there. Really outstanding recipe.
Herbed Rack of Lamb with Lingonberry Sauce
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 408
- Fat: 16.6g
- Saturated fat: 7.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 37g
- Carbohydrate: 26.1g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 144mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 451mg
- Calcium: 36mg
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 5 tablespoons raspberry vinegar, divided
- 2 (1 1/2-pound) French-cut racks of lamb (8 ribs each), trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup tawny port
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup lingonberry preserves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl; stir in 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- 3. Sprinkle lamb with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add lamb to pan; cook for 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove lamb from pan; pat thyme mixture over lamb. Return lamb to pan; place pan in oven. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until a thermometer registers 138°. Remove lamb from pan, and let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into chops.
- 4. Return pan to medium-high heat; add remaining 1/4 cup vinegar, port, and shallots. Bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute or until mixture is reduced by half; stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook 3 minutes or until liquid measures about 1/2 cup. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and preserves. Cook 1 minute; remove from heat. Add butter, stirring until butter melts. Serve sauce with lamb.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This