Herbed Quinoa with Peas and Scallions
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) quinoa rinsed
- 1 cup(s) orange juice
- 3/4 cup(s) water
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup(s) frozen peas thawed
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped basil
- 3 tablespoon(s) chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoon(s) grated orange zest
- 3 scallions chopped
- 1. Combine the quinoa, orange juice, water, cumin and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until all of the liquid is absorbed, 15 - 18 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high head and add the garlic. Saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the scallions, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Saute until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- 3. Transfer the quinoa to a bowl and stir in the pea mixture, basil, cilantro, and orange zest; mix well. Serve at once or at room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MTN326 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note