Herbed Quinoa with Peas and Scallions
Weight Watchers recipe Simple and healthy side dish
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) quinoa rinsed
- 1 cup(s) orange juice
- 3/4 cup(s) water
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup(s) frozen peas thawed
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped basil
- 3 tablespoon(s) chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoon(s) grated orange zest
- 3 scallions chopped
- 1. Combine the quinoa, orange juice, water, cumin and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until all of the liquid is absorbed, 15 - 18 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high head and add the garlic. Saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the scallions, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Saute until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- 3. Transfer the quinoa to a bowl and stir in the pea mixture, basil, cilantro, and orange zest; mix well. Serve at once or at room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MTN326 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note