Herbed Potatoes with Lemon
These tender, golden potatoes go well with any simple roasted meat or fish. Prep and Cook Time: about 1 1/4 hours.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 184
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Protein: 3.3g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Sodium: 500mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 pounds small (2-in.) waxy potatoes, such as Red Bliss or Yukon Gold
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for pan
- About 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Meyer or regular (Eureka) lemon zest
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Halve potatoes and soak in cold water 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Drain potatoes and dry with a kitchen towel. Put in a large bowl with 3 tbsp. olive oil, 2 tsp. salt, and 1 tbsp. chopped thyme and mix to coat. Spread potatoes in a single layer on an oiled rimmed baking sheet, flat side down, and roast 25 minutes. Drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil and roast 30 more minutes, or until golden underneath.
- 3. Loosen from pan with a spatula and transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with parsley, lemon zest, remaining 2 tsp. thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables