- 2 pounds new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 small leek, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain. Peel and slice potatoes; set aside.
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; add leek, onion, and ham. Sauté 5 to 7 minutes or until leek is tender.
Stir together flour and 2 tablespoons water. Add flour mixture, broth, and pepper to ham mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in parsley and next 4 ingredients. Stir in reserved potato. Sprinkle with cheese.