Herbed Portobello Mushrooms with Mascarpone
Yield: 8 servings
- 8 large fresh portobello mushroom caps
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- Garnish: Fresh basil sprig
- Coat mushrooms with vegetable cooking spray; set aside.
- Stir together lemon juice and garlic in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in broth and next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Brush mushrooms with herb mixture, applying generously to the underside.
- Divide mascarpone into 8 portions, and roll into balls.
- Grill mushrooms, top side up, covered with grill lid, over high heat (400º to 500º) 5 to 7 minutes. Turn mushrooms, and top each with a cheese ball. Grill, covered with grill lid, 5 minutes. Garnish with basil sprig, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Herbed Portobello Mushrooms with Mascarpone Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers