Herbed Pork Roast
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 6 Minutes
- 1 (4- to 5-lb.) untrimmed pork loin roast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Kitchen string
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Tie pork with kitchen string, securing at 2-inch intervals.
- 2. Cook pork, fat side down, in 3 Tbsp. hot oil in a stainless-steel skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Place, fat side up, on a wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined roasting pan. Remove kitchen string; make 5 (1/2-inch-deep) cuts in pork.
- 3. Stir together sage, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 2 Tbsp. oil. Stuff herb mixture into slits in pork.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 30 to 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 150°. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note