This was so good! I used pre-sliced grilling vegetables & vegetable pasta. I would make this again in a heartbeat! This may very well be my new go to vegetarian dish!
Herbed Penne with Simple Grilled Vegetables
Leftover charred vegetables and fresh herbs create a simple and satisfying vegetarian entree. For a heartier version, stir in two cups chopped chicken.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups pasta mixture and 2 tablespoons cheese)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 392
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 55.5g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 710mg
- Calcium: 205mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 servings Simple Grilled Vegetables, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 cups hot cooked penne (about 8 ounces uncooked tube-shaped pasta)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add Simple Grilled Vegetables to pan; cook 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Remove from heat.
- 2. Combine pasta, parsley, basil, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a large bowl; toss well. Add Simple Grilled Vegetables; toss well. Sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes