Herbed Oyster Stuffing
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) cubed french bread
- 1/2 pound(s) bacon cut into pieces
- 2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cup(s) chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried thyme
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried sage
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2/3 cup(s) finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 2 1/4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup(s) oysters (doubled this for T'giving)
- Toast bread cubes 25-30 min @ 325; cool
- Cook bacon and remove to drain - cook onion & celery in remaining bacon grease (add olive oil if needed) adding sage, garlic, salt & pepper - cook 'til soft - about 8-10 min
- Toss cooked mixture with toasted bread cubes in LARGE bowl; stir in bacon and parsley, butter and oysters. Drizzle with chicken broth. Toss well. Transfer to buttered 9x13 glass dish.
- Bake covered for 30 min @ 325-350; uncover and bake another 30 min until a little crispy on top.
- *(Stuffing can be assembled without oysters and not baked 2 days ahead and chilled; bring to room temp and stir in oysters then bake)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KGabriel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Herbed Oyster Stuffing Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles