- 1 large garlic clove, halved
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Vietnamese fish sauce (nuoc nam)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped spearmint
How to Make It
In a mortar or a mini food processor, combine the garlic, jalapeño and light brown sugar, and pound or pulse until a paste forms. Transfer the garlic paste to a small bowl and stir in the remaining ingredients.
Make Ahead: The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 1 day.