Really good. I only had red potatoes but it worked just fine.
Herbed Mashed Potatoes
Photo: Michael Paul
Yield: 8 servings, with leftovers
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calcium: 61mg
- Calories: 243
- Calories from fat: 0%
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Fat: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 1mg
- Protein: 4mg
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Sodium: 455mg
- 8 medium russet (or baking) potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, chives, or tarragon
- To make it...
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan with the garlic and enough lightly salted water to cover. (Can be done to this point up to 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain. Beat with an electric mixer or mash with a potato masher until smooth. Add the butter. Gradually add the milk until the potatoes are fluffy. Blend in the salt and herbs.
- To fake it...and save 30 minutes
- Heat two 20-oince packages red mashed potatoes according the label directions. Beat in one 5.2-ounce package Boursin or another garlic herb cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Herbed Mashed Potatoes Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables