I really enjoyed this and plan to make again and again. Will be great for summer; very fresh and bright tasting. I used for "green" salad. Would also make a great dip for crudite. I only had low fat mayo (not fat free) on hand, and I pureed it in the food processor instead of whisking by hand. Great texture!
Herbed Lemon-Buttermilk Dressing
This all-purpose dressing is similar to ranch dressing. It's great as a marinade on chicken, dressing on salad, and dip with cut-up vegetables.
This recipe goes with Grilled Herb-Coated Chicken Breasts
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 12
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 0.4g
- Carbohydrate: 1.9g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 89mg
- Calcium: 13mg
- 3/4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine all ingredients, stirring with a whisk until dressing is well blended.
- Note: Refrigerate dressing in an airtight container for up to five days; stir well before using.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note