More From Health
- Calories: 60
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 79mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- 1. In a wide, shallow bowl, combine the olive oil and next 5 ingredients (through pepper).
- 2. Add tomatoes, and turn to coat them on all sides.
- 3. Prepare grill.
- 4. Place tomatoes, cut sides down, on the grill rack. Brush once with remaining marinade, and then discard marinade. Grill about 5-7 minutes on each side over medium-high heat or until tomatoes begin to blister, soften, and brown. (They can burn easily, so keep an eye on them.)
- 5. Remove the tomatoes from grill, and top with Parmesan cheese, if desired, and parsley. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note