Herbed Dip with Baby Vegetables
This appetizer of Herbed Dip with Baby Vegetables showcases the first signs of springs with tender spears of asparagus and haricots verts serving as crudites for this creamy fresh herb dip.
More From Southern Living
Total: 4 Hours, 15 Minutes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon Beau Monde seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound thin fresh asparagus
- 1/2 pound haricots verts (tiny green beans), trimmed
- 1. Stir together first 8 ingredients in a small bowl until well blended. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus. Cut asparagus into 6-inch pieces, reserving any remaining end portions for another use. Cook asparagus in boiling water to cover in a large saucepan 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain. Repeat procedure with haricots verts. Place vegetables in zip-top plastic bags; seal and chill until ready to serve. Serve mayonnaise mixture with chilled vegetables.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note