- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon Beau Monde seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound thin fresh asparagus
- 1/2 pound haricots verts (tiny green beans), trimmed
How to Make It
Stir together first 8 ingredients in a small bowl until well blended. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours.
Meanwhile, snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus. Cut asparagus into 6-inch pieces, reserving any remaining end portions for another use. Cook asparagus in boiling water to cover in a large saucepan 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain. Repeat procedure with haricots verts. Place vegetables in zip-top plastic bags; seal and chill until ready to serve. Serve mayonnaise mixture with chilled vegetables.