Herbed Cornbread Dressing with Sausage and Fennel
Community Recipe from
- 16-20 ounce(s) Spicy or sweet Italian turkey sausage
- 1-1 1/3 C cup(s) Water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 cup(s) Fresh fennel Chopped, 1/2 in cubes
- 1 cup(s) Onion Finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) Garlic Chopped
- 11/2 tablespoon(s) fresh thyme, sage and rosemary Chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) Fresh parsley Chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper To taste
- 1 Loaf herbed spider cornbread Cut into 1/2 in cubes
- Cut the sausage out of the casing and place in a large skillet. Add 1 cup of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and cook 8 minutes, stirring and breaking the sausage up into small pieces. Add the oil, fennel, onion, garlic, thyme,sage, and rosemary, and cook, stirring often, another 5 minutes. There should still be water in the skillet; if the water has dried up, add another 1/3 cup. Add half the parsley plus salt and pepper to taste. The sausage should be cooked through, and the fennel cooked but have a slight bite. There should be enough water in the skillet to keep all ingredients moist.
- Place the cornbread in a bowl and add all the ingredients from the skillet. Mix well and taste for seasoning.
- Bake the dressing in a medium to large casserole dish in a 350 oven 20-30 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kcchris and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes