- 1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 4.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces grated pecorino Romano cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- calories 141
- fat 5.9 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- sodium 226 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine buttermilk, olive oil, and egg; stir well with a whisk.
Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pepper, and pecorino Romano cheese in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Add milk mixture, and stir just until moist. Gently stir in green onions, parsley, and thyme. Spoon into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 13 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs clinging.