Herbed Chuck Roast
More From Southern Living
Bake: 2 Hours, 10 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (2-lb.) boneless chuck roast
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- Tomato Gravy
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13- x 9-inch pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil, and coat with cooking spray.
- 2. Combine rosemary and next 4 ingredients. Rub over roast. Cook roast in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Place in prepared pan. Rub minced garlic over top of roast. Add 3/4 cup beef broth to pan.
- 3. Bake, covered, at 350° for 2 hours and 10 minutes or until fork-tender. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, prepare jasmine rice according to package directions. Cut roast into slices; serve with hot cooked rice and Tomato Gravy.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes