Good for a summer meal. A bit tedious to put together for the sake of a sandwich however.
Herbed Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Tarragon and rye bread make a classic chicken salad sandwich extra special. You can make the chicken salad ahead. If you're packing it to go, keep the salad cold, and make your sandwich right before you're ready to eat to keep the bread from getting soggy.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 14 Minutes
- Calories: 382
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 30.2g
- Carbohydrate: 42.9g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 745mg
- Calcium: 89mg
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups chopped skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/4 cup minced sweet onion
- 8 (1 1/2-ounce) slices rye sandwich bread
- 4 red leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 cup microgreens or arugula
- 1. Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in chicken and onion. Top each of 4 bread slices with 1 lettuce leaf, about 1/2 packed cup chicken salad, 1/4 cup microgreens, and 1 bread slice.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note