- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups jarred tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 (0.6-ounce) slices provolone cheese, cut into thin strips
How to Make It
Combine 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley, and basil in a shallow dish; place egg whites in a bowl. Dip each chicken tender in egg whites; dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Remove pan from heat.
Combine pasta sauce and vinegar in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; vent. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Pour sauce over chicken in pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and layer provolone over chicken. Cover, and cook 2 minutes or until cheeses melt.
for your toddler: Cut a chicken tender into bite-sized pieces. Serve the chicken and a spoonful of pasta in a bowl. Sprinkle the pasta with cheese.