Herbed Chicken Parmesan
We recommend orzo, but you can serve it with spaghetti or angel hair pasta instead.
Yield: 4 adult servings (serving size: about 2 chicken tenders and about 1/3 cup sauce)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 365
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 13.8g
- Saturated fat: 5.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 41g
- Carbohydrate: 17.9g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 861mg
- Calcium: 383mg
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups jarred tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 (0.6-ounce) slices provolone cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Combine 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley, and basil in a shallow dish; place egg whites in a bowl. Dip each chicken tender in egg whites; dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- 3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Remove pan from heat.
- 4. Combine pasta sauce and vinegar in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; vent. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Pour sauce over chicken in pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and layer provolone over chicken. Cover, and cook 2 minutes or until cheeses melt.
- for your toddler: Cut a chicken tender into bite-sized pieces. Serve the chicken and a spoonful of pasta in a bowl. Sprinkle the pasta with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes