- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups jarred tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 (0.6-ounce) slices provolone cheese, cut into thin strips
- calories 365
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 13.8 g
- satfat 5.3 g
- monofat 3.8 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 41 g
- carbohydrate 17.9 g
- fiber 2.2 g
- cholesterol 85 mg
- iron 1.7 mg
- sodium 861 mg
- calcium 383 mg
How to Make It
Combine 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley, and basil in a shallow dish; place egg whites in a bowl. Dip each chicken tender in egg whites; dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Remove pan from heat.
Combine pasta sauce and vinegar in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; vent. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Pour sauce over chicken in pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and layer provolone over chicken. Cover, and cook 2 minutes or until cheeses melt.
for your toddler: Cut a chicken tender into bite-sized pieces. Serve the chicken and a spoonful of pasta in a bowl. Sprinkle the pasta with cheese.