Fabulous - my family loves this meatloaf! I made it with a little less mayo and added a bit more greek seasoning. I would suggest slicing the pita into two parts because stuffing them didn't work for me. Fun meal!
Herbed Chicken Meatloaf
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 1/2 cup frozen diced onion, red and green bell pepper, and celery
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pita rounds, split
- Toppings: sliced cucumber, sliced tomatoes, crumbled feta cheese, plain yogurt, kalamata olives, lettuce leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Sauté onion, red and green bell pepper, and celery in hot oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Stir together ground chicken, next 8 ingredients, and sautéed vegetables in a large bowl just until combined.
- 3. Place mixture in a lightly greased 9- x 5-inch baking dish. Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 165°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve meatloaf slices in pita rounds with desired toppings.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note