This was a nice accompaniment to roasted salmon and asparagus. I had a little piece of red bell pepper to use up so I added that and also some toasted almonds . I had minced the herbs but forgot to add them and it still had plenty of flavor. It was very pretty pilaf.
Herbed Brown Rice Pilaf
This is comfort food at its finest. For a little crunch, add some toasted almonds or pine nuts. Serve with Simplest Roast Chicken Ever.
This recipe goes with Simplest Roast Chicken Ever
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 57 Minutes
- Calories: 122
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 21.7g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 164mg
- Calcium: 22mg
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 2. While rice cooks, heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion, celery, and carrot; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; stir in parsley and remaining ingredients. Add vegetable mixture to cooked rice; fluff with a fork. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Chop all your vegetables and herbs in the morning so when you come home from work, the recipe is a cinch to complete.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note