These breadcrumbs quickly dress up vegetables such as green beans, asparagus, or sliced tomatoes. You can also sprinkle them over a simple broiled fish or your favorite pasta dish to add a flavorful crunch.
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 (12-oz.) sourdough French bread loaf, cut into cubes (about 3 1/2 to 4 cups cubed)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Process bread in a food processor 20 seconds or until coarsely ground.
- 2. Cook breadcrumbs and garlic in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet, stirring often, 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in parsley, thyme, and rosemary, and cook 30 seconds. Remove from heat, and stir in Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: Breadcrumbs can be frozen for up to 1 month. Sauté frozen breadcrumbs in a lightly greased skillet 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note