The rice and gravy were excellent but the prep for the herbed chuck roast should be used instead of just baking.
Herbed Beef Roast With Tomato Gravy
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (2-lb.) boneless beef rump roast, trimmed
- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- Tomato Gravy
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Line a 13- x 9-inch pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil, and coat with cooking spray.
- 2. Combine minced garlic and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Rub garlic mixture over rump roast. Place roast in prepared pan.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 145° (medium rare). Let stand 10 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, prepare jasmine rice according to package directions. Cut roast into slices; serve with hot cooked rice and Tomato Gravy.
- Herbed Chuck Roast: Prepare recipe as directed in Step 1. Substitute 1 (2-lb.) boneless chuck roast, trimmed, for rump roast; combine rosemary and next 4 ingredients. Rub over roast. Cook roast in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Place in prepared pan. Rub minced garlic over top of roast. Add 3/4 cup beef broth to pan. Bake, covered, at 350° for 2 hours and 10 minutes or until fork-tender. Let stand 10 minutes. Proceed with recipe as directed in Step 4.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes