I just made half a batch for tonight. After tasting the avocado/herb/garlic mixture, I decided to add only half the cream cheese called for and taste again. Delicious! Was good without the cheese, too. Will serve with pita chips and some fresh vegs.
Herbed Avocado-Cheese Spread
- 3 large avocados, peeled and seeded
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed 1-inch-long fresh chive strips
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened and cubed
- Process first 7 ingredients in a food processor 1 minute or until avocado is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Add cream cheese, and process 1 minute or until well blended. Cover and chill until firm. Serve spread with assorted crackers or toasted baguette slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Herbed Avocado-Cheese Spread Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This