My husband is very much a meat and potato man. I made this salad, added a mug of tomato soup and some bread after a hard days work. He LOVED this and wants it again. I am going to try more of My Recipes!
Herbed Arugula-Tomato Salad with Chicken
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
Dress up quick-cooking cutlets with a homemade vinaigrette and fresh produce for an easy Mediterranean-inspired meal.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 265
- Fat: 14.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 6.2g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 683mg
- Calcium: 87mg
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 (4-ounce) chicken breast cutlets
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 (5-ounce) package baby arugula
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried herbes de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons halved pitted kalamata olives
- 1. Combine 1 tablespoon oil, rind, juice, and chicken cutlets; let stand 5 minutes.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- 3. Combine tomatoes and arugula in a large bowl. Combine vinegar, herbes de Provence, mustard, garlic, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; gradually add remaining 2 tablespoons oil, stirring vinaigrette constantly with a whisk. Drizzle the vinaigrette over salad; toss gently to coat. Divide salad evenly among 4 plates. Cut chicken cutlets across the grain into thin slices; arrange 1 sliced cutlet over each salad, and top each serving with about 2 teaspoons olives.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note